What a month it has been. When I first decided to do the A to Z Challenge, I thought … this would be great. Little did I know how time consuming it would be. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the experience, the camaraderie, and the amazing new blogs I discovered. Which I am pleased to have found. But if I decide to do it again next year …
…well, here’s what I’m thinking:
- Definitely schedule the posts (again). It saved a great deal of time.
- Clear the whole of April. Meaning, make sure I have no other commitments.
- Don’t do a set theme (not like the one I used this time, anyway). It worked in the beginning, but repetition is a snooze-fest waiting to happen.
- Set simple goals of blogs to visit each day. I started with good intentions, but my spirit waned. My apologies to those I visited and wanted to return to, but never did.
- Never expect a return visit. This is one point that doesn’t bother me so much. I wasn’t in it to garner accolades and praise. I was in it to meet new friends.
A straightforward list as you can see. And not hard to follow if I put my mind to it.
Love and praise.
I would like to offer my thanks to the hosts and co-hosts of the A to Z for taking time out of your own busy schedules to put this challenge together. It was an astounding feat, and thank you for inspiring so many of us.
To the people I’ve met this past April. To the friendships I have made, thank you. I couldn’t have gotten through the month without your posts, support, likes and comments. You made the challenge a veritable feast of laughs, scares, tears and wonder. Special call-outs to LAINEY, LONI, SOPHIE, TASHA, SAM and DAMYANTI. YOU ROCKED LADIES!
I only came across 2 problems that irked me through the entire month:
- Captcha. Some of the blogs I visited asked for this. A few I thought … what the hell, just do it. After a while though, it became annoying. Probably a better idea to turn it off next year.
- Non-participating blogs. Oh my, the amount I came across on the list! Okay, so maybe people changed their minds, but a small post saying so would have been a nice thing to do. Rather than me wasting my time searching said blogs for their A to Z posts. Sorry, I’ve finished ranting now.
I guess it’s time to wrap this up. Kudos to those of you who made it to the end, you deserve a BIG pat on the back. To those that didn’t make it through to the finish, you are still winners to me for embarking on the journey. So everyone, hold your heads high and look forward to a rest (until next year).