I have been sitting here staring at a blank screen for the past hour. Ask me to write a story, no problem. Ask me to write something about myself…
…Who would have thought you could get writers block over something as trivial as a Bio! Let me ponder that for a while (any excuse not to write this).
Okay, well … my name’s Sarah. I love to write. Take sunset walks along the beach … no, that’s a different kind of Bio. Sorry. But my name is Sarah and I do love to write, something I’ve been doing since infant school. I’m married, to a very understanding husband. Have one grown-up son, and a crazy cat named Millie. Did I say I’ll be celebrating a milestone birthday next year, too? Yes, I’m finally reaching the big 5-0. Maybe I’ll get to have my very first birthday party!
Over the years, I’ve tried and tested a few roles in the world of employment. Ranging from a self-employed part-time sign writer, to a manager for a retail pet store. However, my love has always been for the written word. And four years ago, I eventually embarked on the journey towards becoming a writer.
Right, if you want to read a full, drawn-out Bio, you’ll find a link at the end of this page. If you want to read about my TOP 10 PET HATES and TOP 10 MEGA LOVES, then please continue to read along.
- SPIDERS–Any size will do. They all freak me out to the point of hysteria!
- LIVER–Hannibal Lector I’m not, not unless you want a competition in projectile vomiting.
- NEEDLES–The type they use for injections, kind-of-needles.
- SKIRTS & DRESSES–Not much of a fan. Give me jeans to slouch in any day.
- COFFEE–Have tried it, but never liked it. But I do like coffee cream chocolates and coffee cake. Weird? I know!
- BRIDGES–Over water. Always get a sense they will collapse and I’ll end up stuck inside the car and drown.
- SPINNING–Like in rides that spin you round. I suffer from Vertigo and it plays hell with my balance.
- NOSES–The picking of. Makes me want to puke, especially when confronted with a runny-nosed child.
- VIOLENCE–What is the point. Use your words, people!
- CROWDS–If you want to see a person lose it in a crowd, I’m your goto.
- FAMILY–Well, I have to say that. Don’t I?
- CATS–All shapes and sizes. I love them all.
- TEA–Can’t function without a good, strong cuppa or two.
- HOLIDAYS–Don’t we all! I’d live my life on holiday if I could.
- CUPCAKES–All cake if I’m honest. Well, with the exception of fruitcake. But any kind that involves butter-cream is good.
- MORNING–The time between 5 and 7. Best opportunity for writing. Well, for me it is.
- SUNRISE–As opposed to sunsets. Great time for taking photos. On holiday in Scotland last year, I took over 100 pictures of sunrises!
- HIKING–Hubbie and I do a lot of this. My increasing waistline would beg to differ, however.
- DREAMING–Most of my story ideas originate from dreams.
- WRITING–Of course, this is a given. Whether it’s a short poem or a 100,000+ word novel. Just love me some writing.
Well, that’s me done. Thanks for looking, and if you want to leave a comment, please do. I love to chat. And here’s the LINK for the other Bio.